A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Saturday 22 March 2014

Mosaics again!

Three cards in this post, all using the mosaic layout.  The real beauty of these is that you can use up oddments, scraps, images that didn't come out properly- or you can stamp a bunch of random images and use those. It can't go wrong, as long as something unifies the design, whether its a theme or colours.For this one I used a couple of images stamped onto alcohol inked card in similar colours, added a word fragment with Glossy Accents, and a violin charm to echo the one in the stamped image. The phrase' Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes, art is knowing which ones to keep' is a Tim Holtz stamp, and I stamped it onto an offcut of alcohol inked card with Versafine Onyx Black, then cut it up into words and sentences so I could arrange it over the card. The phrase fits the theme perfectly- a card created from things that went wrong.





This one is a mix of scraps and deliberately stamped images, all heat embossed in either black or white. A completely eclectic mix of images unified by colour.






The third card was created with a selection of  randomly stamped images which I then punched out. Some have been heat embossed, some left without.
 The punch I used is a Woodware one, and punches out 1 1/4" squares.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fabulous collection of mosaic cards - must remember to save my mistakes and cut out parts that aren't so bad instead of immediately consigning them to the bin!!!!!
Very striking and lovely cards.
Lynn xx

Kyla said...

loving the fact that you can use up odds and ends for these cards-they look really effective.
kyla

Hettie said...

These are fabulous Shaz. I really must look for a punch so I may have a go at these.
Hugs
xx

Shoshi said...

This is a really fabulous idea, Shaz, and definitely something worth exploring! I am sure I could incorporate my zentangles into something like this, or the teabags? Lots to think about!

Shoshi

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Shaz great cards... love the colours in the first one and saying... plus images in last two have made cards this way but not with bits of mistakes... good idea my punch is 1 3/8" but same almost. Lv Shaz on mobile.x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...