A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 2 March 2014

Using 'stuff' up



Thought I would try and use up some stuff I've had lying around forever with a few cards. Not entirely successful, I must say.  I'd started off by stamping some tags using the emboss resist that I've been playing with all week. I forgot to take pictures before I started, so you'll see the tags on the cards.


 The quote on the tag is a stamp by Inkylicious, called Live Life. The tag is sponged with DI's in Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade. I overstamped it with some Lavinia Stamps fairies, a group of stars and Running Water, another Designs By Ryn stamp.
 All stamped in Spiced Marmalade.





 The image is on a piece of card I had started to brayer in yellow, so I stuck on a post-it note mask,and brayered oranges and blues over it. The image is a Stampscapes stamp,Lakeside Cabin,stamped in Staz-on Timber Brown ,the birds from another Inkylicious set,Take Flight, which has a lot of different sized Bird flocks in it. Both image and tag are matted onto dark brown card. I ran a sheet of marbled cardstock through my 'bug in Tim Holtz's Woodgrain folder twice, and added that to the card front for a bit of interest.



The second card uses Inkylicious stamps again, the same quote stamp, and a Birch Trees background. The Birch trees were stamped in Smokey Gray Versafine, and the background had been brayered in red, getting paler towards the bottom. I just brayered over the pale end with Adirondack blues. Both pieces are matted onto dark blue on a black base card. The tag had Raindrops stamped over it, I randomly patted the stamp with Festive Berries and Salty Ocean.
                                                                                 

  The final card is the one I am least happy with. I though I would try using up some of the ridiculous amount of patterned paper I have. 6x6,8x8,12x12- you name it. At the time I bought them, I loved them. Really. Now-not so much. The tag is fine, its the rest of the card I'm not overly excited about.
 

 
 The tag has a different quote from Inkylicious on it, called Always Remember. This tag was inked by putting DI's in Spiced Marmalade and Salty Ocean on  a craft sheet, misting with water and dipping the tag in, after I'd done the resist stamping. Then I overstamped it with the Birch trees stamp, in Spiced Marmalade again once it was dry.


 
 When I first started card making, I used a lot of patterned/textured papers, and possibly cornered the world market in mulberry paper. Nowadays, since I discovered stamping, its really not my thing anymore. I will have to try inking and overstamping some of them- maybe that will work for me.



 Supplies:
 Inkylicious stamps, Live Life, Take Flight,Birch trees,Always Remember.
 Designs By Ryn, Raindrops and Running water
 Stampscapes, Lakeside Cabin, nature Sheet 6
Lavinia Stamps, Small fairies and star cluster
 Adirondack inks, Blues pinks, Yellows, Orange
 Distress Inks, Oranges, Blues, Reds,Yellows
Staz-on Timber Brown
 Smokey Gray Versafine
 Brayer (or sponges/brushes)

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, have just read through your last three posts and thoroughly enjoyed seeing what you have done with ladybirds, dragonflies and scraps of card ... your techniques are very effective and the resultant cards are fabulous. Elizabeth x #72

Shoshi said...

Gorgeous tags SLhaz, and I love all your recent work, looking at your previous posts. You are being productive!! Thanks for your visit and your lovely comment which made me laugh - "Does my fur look big in this?" Lol!! She is a little miss! She's such a good girl and doesn't make a fuss at all when we change her dresses or bathe her wound, which is slowly healing. As for my throat, it's a lot better now thanks, but I'm still coughing and my voice is intermittent, esp. after a bellowing session with Mum who is really deaf!!

Have a great week.
Shoshi

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Gorgeous tags. You've really conquered that resist technique. The cards you've added your tags too are lovely too and together they are simply fabulous!

Unknown said...

Hi Shaz! I just found your blog.. wow I love the tag with the blue ribbon! I can see every word vividly in my head.. awesome work!

Kyla said...

Lovely use ups, you'd never know!
Kyla

Stitching Lady said...

I love your card - it is very expert-like.
Thanks for visiting my WOYWW post. I am so busy with my lego blocks. 35 is quite a numbler.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Lovely Shaz love the tags colours.. and like you have a mountain of mulberry paper but find it works well with Oriental but must use it us p more dont have heaps of pattern paper but quite enough thank you.. it does date doesn't it. Shaz in Oz.x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...