A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 5 March 2014

WOYWW # 248

First Wednesday of March- this time flying lark is getting ridiculous! Another  jaunt over to The Stamping Ground, to join our illustrious (and industrious, looking at the last couple of posts) leader, Julia in our weekly snoop.
 A general shot of the untidiness left behind from the last few days cards I posted. This was taken Tuesday evening. So what have we got- centre front, some more mosaic card fronts made from left overs and stuff that didn't come out to well.There is a strong possibility I will over-use this method. A cotton bud- I have no idea- scalpel, ruler, tape runner- love these Stix2 ones- The Penguin Coaster is from Birdland. I do have a bit of a thing for Penguins. A syringe waiting to be filled with glue, above that some stamps, one a magazine freebie, and a couple that I found on the shelves of the Expedit that have dropped off their sheets. The really funky square glass jar full of paper strips is my mosaic grid method. I cut a bunch of thin strips that I use to keep the squares all the same distance apart- in theory. The Glitter cats are back, having a bit more done to them. May work, might not, we shall see. My heat gun hanging from a hook under the desk. Now I remember what the cotton bud was for- I added a violin charm to the front of the purple mosaic with Glossy Accents, and used it to clean up the stuff that squished out. May have used too much. Have a great Wednesday, will catch up later.

22 comments:

Claire said...

Loving all the monochrome pieces!! Can't wait to see what you make with them...
Happy WOYWW :)
no. 33

Julia Dunnit said...

'A strong possibility....' you don't scare me with your talk of using up leftovers...you just make me jealous and in awe!

Anonymous said...

I love "leftovers" best - there is a knack to taking a bit of this and a bit of that and making something fabulous, which you clearly have sussed. Love the mosaic cards - and I have to go back a few posts to catch up. The tag at the bottom of my screen looks so warm and sunny, it makes me smile.

back online but slow :(

Mary Anne (29)

Maisie Moonshine said...

Love those monochromes and your cat cards are adorable. Have a happy week. MMx #52

Krisha said...

I like the mosaic style cards on your desk. They take a little more time to do, but they fascinate me.

Have a great week
Krisha #32

CraftygasheadZo said...

A collection of fab fun stuff I see, interesting!! Take care Zo xx 94

Andrea said...

WOW you have been busy like the mosaic grid techniques used but to difficult for me to do ..my stamping is still in beginners stage ! ...I would get it wrong every time. I spy some great stamps you've used.Good to be back and catching up with everyone have a great week Andrea #31

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I think your black and white mosaics are lovely. The strip of paper to keep things lined up is pretty clever. I may have to try it. It sounds less intrusive than my grid ruler. Thanks for the WOYWW visit earlier today. Happy playing!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love those mosaic grid cards and love to see ways of using up papers. Like you I'm often finding stamps that have fallen off sheets - probably should wash them more but life's too short! Thanks for visiting, Chris

Kyla said...

Ooh, interesting grid idea. I made a grid card for hubby's birthday this week and spent ages trying to cut 9 identical squares....may need to pick your brains at the crop on how you do these?
Kyla

glitterandglue said...

I seriously doubt it is impossible to overdo the mosaic fronts, Shaz. They are lovely. Well done. looked at the picture before reading the narrative, and was about to ask what was in the jar - a great idea!!!
Thanks for already visiting, and for your encouraging comments.
Have a great week.
Margaret #13

Craft buddy said...

If that's untidy then there aren't words for the mess that covers my workstation most of the time! I like your mosaic technique, that could be a good win for using small detailed papers...Thanks for stopping by and giving support, it's been a great first visit to WOYWW! #62 Jessie

fairy thoughts said...

hi shaz
loving the zentangle looking tiles, you cant have too many of that sort of stash. I would save you a cake for the crop.... but I'm not able to go ...sorry
have a good week
janet #19

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm sticking to my aim of using up all my leftovers....haven't bought anything new recently! Mind you, my stash doesn't seem to have lessened at all!!
Julia and I were in a gallery in Salisbury and we thought of you. There were these mad, steampunky looking automata...cost an arm and a leg, but they were fabulous!
Hugs, LLJ 44 xx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I can't believe you have joined me with water problems. What a total pain and scaffolding as well. Adie seems to think it is a leak within the house, probably a pinhole in the pipe , and it is only leaking when the water pressure is higher than normal. But as that corner of the house takes all the most severe weather, hot, cold and wet, they may be coming back later to redo some of the pointing and also to treat some of the bricks with water repellent. I have messaged you to tell you where I will be and when over the next few days. Those mosaic designs are really striking and should help to use up a lot of bits and pieces as well. Hope to see you later in the week at some stage. xx Maggie #2

Anonymous said...

Looking busy! Love the idea of the tiles... Might have remember that! Also the strips to keep them equidistant ! Clever!

Thanks for sharing!

Catiecuddles #76

Helen said...

I am loving the mosaics still, they are gorgeous. I'm trying to use up stuff too... it's not working but I'm trying.. Helen 5

BJ said...

Well I love your mosaic cards. Not actually been in the garden since January, it was just a photo. Thanks for the visit BJ#67

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I love this mosaic technique, I am just desperate to use up some leftovers. Really like your blog, must come back and have a better look round, when I'm not so busy lol!
Angela x 63

Nan G said...

Wow lots going on on the desk today or last night. ;) Love the bits up across the top. Monochromatic images look cool. Hugs and Happy WOYWW! Nan G #101

Shoshi said...

That all looks most interesting, Shaz. Look forward to seeing more!

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Glad you like the mosaic set. I had a look on Pinterest too and there are lots of good ideas for using it! Beatrice is doing OK, and hopefully the antibiotics will have done their stuff and she should be feeling a lot better.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #83

okienurse said...

I love mosaic cards...always so much to see and always seems to tell a story much better then a solid pictures. Have a great week and thanks for stopping by my desk! Vickie aka Okienurse #57

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...